Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ye Olde Melbourne Town

I know it has been over a week since I returned from Melbourne, but I have been incredibly busy with uni work...

Anyways, into the trip!

My dad and myself made our way to Brisbane Domestic Airport on a rather pleasant day for this time of year. In fact, the weather was almost identical to what it was like last time I flew to Melbourne, right down to the type of clouds in the sky. We arrived at the airport at a rather good time, no line for check in and we only had 15 minutes to wait before boarding by the time we got through security (they thought my camera bag x-ray looked interesting and then wanted to swab my and it for explosives).

So onto the plane we got, Jetstar had moved us from my original requested seats to second row by the window. Was a bit miffed about this but what can you do? We taxied out to the runway, the pilot gunned the engines and we took off with me snapping out the window the whole time. We flew out towards the city this time, so I got a nice view over the river to the west.

Brisbane River

Two hours later, we landed at Avalon airport, collected our bags and made our way towards the CBD. After a short cab ride from Southern Cross Station to our hotel and we had somewhat settled in. What do two photographers do when they go on holidays? Meet up with other photographers and take photos of course. We met up with some people from POTN and had a bit of a night shoot. So, I'll give the words a rest and just show some photos...

South Bank Big Wheel
Tramming

Friday saw myself wandering around town by myself for a bit before meeting back up with dad. We both headed towards Docklands on the free tourist tram (free is always good), with a stop at the Queen Victoria Markets on the way. It was incredibly windy this day and we had to be careful that we weren't blown into Port Phillip Bay. As before, I will let the photos do the talking for Friday heh.

ZOMG! Autumn
Terrorist Train Photographer
Passers By

And so came Saturday. Time to get ready to head back home. It was freezing and wet so no photography was done by me. I just "enjoyed" the weather... We ended up heading back to Avalon a tad earlier only to be told that because of storms in Brisbane, our flight home would be delayed by an hour (meaning we didn't land until about 12:15am Sunday morning).

There are however, more photos from my trip than this. Check them out here.

No comments: